Benchmarking and best practice
How can I learn more about my own website and make it more effective?
Subscribers to our Web Effectiveness database get exclusive access to scores and commentary for all 84 companies in the FT Index plus best practice from the top performers.
Your company need not feature in the Index for you to use the service: we will review your website and add it to the database when you subscribe. Pick up incisive granular advice on what to do and how to do it, reduce mistakes, cut development time – saving you effort and money.
Download P&G case study PDF
Procter & Gamble needed a credible mechanism for benchmarking its corporate website, initially to unlock essential budget. “We needed external validation… to show digital is important.”
Download Siemens case study PDF
Siemens is committed to its website as a core communication channel. The annual Confidential reports it commissions from Bowen Craggs are turned into yearly work plans for the ongoing programme.
E-mail Dan Drury for more information.
or Telephone +44 20 7193 7554
About our benchmarking
Bowen Craggs has developed its own methodology to benchmark websites, which our clients tell us is far more detailed, practical and relevant than other offerings. The set of metrics we use has been defined and refined by our work with global leaders across all sectors and adopted by the Financial Times for an annual ranking.
Bowen Craggs’ benchmarking technique is unlike any other:
- It takes a ‘user-based’ approach to consider how well the site works for different stakeholder groups.
- ‘Universal’ metrics measure sites as a whole, while ‘Specific’ metrics looking at particular stakeholder areas.
- It considers always the profile and needs of the companies being examined: it is not objective, nor should it be. For the same reason, it is not ‘tick box’: every metric is judged by its existence, its quality and its utility to the client, rather than ‘Is it there or is it not?’.
- It is far more detailed than other benchmarks, but uses top-line scores, summaries and icons to make it usable at different levels, from skimming to a working document.
- We have a substantial database of benchmarks already carried out, which allows us to make accurate judgements as to the relative quality of the client site, and also acts as an invaluable pool of best practice.
Benchmarking and best practice are often used to help inform strategy development.